A variety of very helpful financial incentive and rebate programs supporting energy and water efficiency for businesses are available from:
- NV Energy
- NV Energy can help you keep your energy costs down and grow your business through PowerShift by NV Energy. Business Energy Services works with you to help you save, year after year.
- Southwest Gas
- Southwest Gas can help you manage your property’s energy usage and save money on your monthly bills, when you maximize the efficiency of your equipment.
- Southern Nevada Water Authority
- By taking advantage of the rebates the Southern Nevada Water Authority has to offer you can receive a healthy return on investment for your business through water savings.
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- The Truckee Meadows Water Authority can help yo conserve water, making your business cost-effective and environmentally sound. By conserving water you will enjoy a lower water bill while knowing you’re doing your part to protect the environmental health of the river system for fish and wildlife.
- The State of Nevada and Federal Government
- The list of rebate programs that are listed here will help you find one that is appropriate for your business so you can start saving and helping the environment immediately.
1 ) NV Energy
The Energy Smart Schools program helps Nevada schools reduce energy consumption, improve learning environments, and save money by implementing energy efficiency improvements in new and existing public, private and higher education schools. The Program helps schools identify cost-effective projects, offers design assistance, and provides financial incentives to help offset the cost of efficiency projects.
Cool Share for Small Business (Southern Nevada)
Cool Share is available to small businesses with A/C units of 10 tons or less. Earn incentives and save money on your bill – while saving energy for us all – with Cool Share, a program designed to help reduce electricity demand and keep prices low during the peak summer season.
IS-2 is a subsidized rate that NV Energy charges eligible agricultural customers who agree to interruptible irrigation pump service during certain situations. This service is applicable to electricity used solely to pump water to irrigate land for agricultural purposes
Renewable Generations is an exciting opportunity for Nevada customers to take advantage of the most abundant natural energy source — the sun – as well Wind and Hydro.
Southwest gas offers a number of rebate programs to businesses in Nevada. To see which ones your business may qualify for, click here.
The Water Smart Landscape Rebate offers businesses money for removing grass and replacing it with water-efficient landscaping. SNWA estimates businesses that convert grass to water-efficient landscaping will save 825,000 gallons of water per year for the average 15,000 square-foot conversion.
SNWA offers financial incentives to commercial and multifamily property owners who install water-efficient devices and fixtures through the Water Efficient Technologies program.
The program is co-sponsored by TMWA and the Regional Water Planning Commission. This program includes a comprehensive (indoor and outdoor) water usage review performed by one of TMWA’s auditors. Please call (775) 834-8080 for more information.
State of Nevada incentives and programs are summarized on the DSIRE website