Dust Control Permitting Requirements in Nevada

As the building season is ramping up, now is the time to ensure you meet all requirements for minimizing fugitive dust at your site.

If your site is inside Washoe County and you are disturbing one (1) acre or more, you must apply for a Dust Control Permit with Northern Nevada Public Health (NNPH) before beginning operations.

If your site is outside of Washoe and Clark counties, and you are disturbing five (5) acres or more, you are required to apply for a Surface Area Disturbance (SAD) Permit from the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) before the start of operations.

Please reach out to Nevada BEP if you need additional information or assistance with your permit applications.