In the latest Sustainable Nation podcast, host Josh Prigge speaks with Emma Stewart, Sustainability Officer at Netflix to discuss:
- Netflix’s Net Zero + Nature strategy
- Balancing reduction of emissions with offsets
- Netflix’s 5 step screening process for carbon credits
- Netflix’s greatest sources of emissions and strategies to address them
- Advice and recommendations for sustainability professionals
Emma Stewart, Ph.D., is Netflix’s first Sustainability Officer, where together with teams from across the company, she seeks to bring Netflix’s carbon footprint to net zero, raise environmental awareness through film and television series, and spur conversation on climate action among our hundreds of millions of members in 190 countries. She previously led World Resources Institute’s global work on urban efficiency, climate, and finance. She served on the Board of the U.S. Green Building Council and software company Ecomedes. She has been a member of the professional faculty at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and Stanford Graduate School of Business where she taught “Intrapreneurship for Sustainability”.
The Sustainable Nation Podcast is made available through a partnership with the Nevada Business Environmental Program., be sure to also check out the full library of podcasts.