NDEP to Host In-Person and Virtual Workshop to Discuss Changes on March 24th at 2:00pm
If you are a construction facility (hot mix asphalt, concrete batch plant, or sand/gravel crushing and screening) and have an Air Quality permit with the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP) or are planning on applying for or renewing your permit, you should be aware of the upcoming updates to the Class II General Air Quality Operating Permit for Temporary Construction Sources. This permit is up for renewal with NDEP on May 7, 2022 and with the renewal will come a number of important updates to the application. These updates include:
- The addition of hot mix asphalt plants with crushers, screens, and conveyors, and concrete batch plants as temporary sources. Section I(B)(4)
- Added emission factors for Weigh Hopper Loading – Controlled under Concrete Batching. Section IV.
- Increase in the number of operating scenarios (different types of operations). Section V.
- Increase in the number of setback choices. Section V.
- Increase in the choices of maximum daily operating hours. Section V.
Click Here to view a PDF of the permit with the highlighted changes.
The draft of the new Class II General Air Quality Operating Permit for Temporary Construction Sources will go to public notice with a 30-day hearing period on Tuesday, April 5th, 2022. A Public Hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6th, 2022.
If you would like to learn more about the changes to the Permit, NDEP will be hosting a workshop on Thursday, March 24th, 2022 at 2:00 pm.
You can attend this workshop virtually or in person.
If you would like to attend in person, it will be held in the Great Basin conference room located in the Bryan Building on the 4th floor at 901 South Stewart Street, Carson City, Nevada 89701.
If you would like to attend the workshop virtually, the information for the Microsoft Teams virtual meeting is below, or click here.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 117 712 903 4
Or call in (audio only)
+1 775-321-6111,,635312501# United States, Reno
Phone Conference ID: 635 312 501#