The permit application process requires very specific information about your facility and processes. The following questions should help you to get started gathering some of the necessary information for the permit application.
Are you going to be doing any new construction that could disturb an area larger than 5 acres?
- If yes, then you will need to fill out a SAD permit application along with the proper Class I or Class II permit application.
Which pieces of equipment release emissions?
- It is a good idea to make a list of all of the pieces of equipment that release emissions so that you know which ones will be included in the application.
- If there is equipment that releases a very small amount of emissions, it is likely that it will be classified as an insignificant activity on the application, but it will still need its own form.
Do you have an industrial piece of equipment, combustion, liquid storage tank, or a storage silo?
- It is important to categorize the equipment into industrial, combustion, liquid storage tank, and storage silo. There are different forms for each of these categories on the application.
Where is each piece of equipment located?
- In the application each industrial, combustion, storage silo, and liquid storage tank form asks for the coordinates, or UTMs, of the piece of equipment that is listed. In addition, the application also asks for a map of all of the coordinates for the pieces of equipment and buildings that are located on the property. In order to do this you will want to follow the directions below
- Click on the following link http://webgis.ndep.nv.gov/
- Once you are in the site, click on the first option “eMap”. When the map appears, scroll down to the bottom left corner where it says Lat/Long and change it to 1983 UTM Zone 11. This will change the readings to UTM coordinates. You can zoom into the location of your facility and hover over the pieces of equipment and buildings. While you’re hovering the UTM coordinates will show in the box.
What are the boundaries of your piece of property?
- This is a similar process to finding the location of the equipment and buildings on the property. For this step you will want to locate the corners of the property and find the coordinates for them.
What are the dimensions of each building located on your property?
- The dimensions for each building will need to be filled in on the Plant Building Parameters form in the application. You will need the height, diameter, and UTM coordinates for each building that is located on the property.